Monday, April 13, 2009

Persuading Someone


When was the last time you had to persuade someone to change their mind? What arguments and standings did you use?


About two weeks ago a couple buddies and I started to plan a trip for our upcoming spring break. One of them wanted to go to Key West, the other on a cruise, third desired to go to Miami and I on the other hand did not want boring, didn’t want to be stuck on a boat and been three times already to Miami this year. I wanted some where I haven’t gone to before, Daytona Beach. Convincing each one of them was difficult because each one of us were stubborn. But it was a little easy because I had to individually talk to each one of them so I wasn’t ganged up on. I showed them that Daytona Beach was a party town when it came to spring break. I used the wonders of YouTube to make that clear. Then I showed them that it wasn’t even a far drive, it would only take us about two and a half hours to get there unlike Miami’s four and Key West’s nine and to get to the cruise we would have to drive to Miami anyways. Then I pointed out the good deals for hotels to rent and with all my facts in their face I convinced them to go to Daytona Beach. Now we have a four day reservation at an ocean view hotel.

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/Booking/branded/DI/images/06134_b1.jpg
Date: March 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment