Monday, April 13, 2009

Becoming a better Writer

Which of the writing assignments that you have had in ENC 1101 and 1102 have you found the most useful in becoming a better writer? Which assignments have you found less useful? Why?

In ENC 1101, I found the personal essays to be most useful because they really put me to the test and they were an enjoyment because it allowed the writer to write about what ever was on their mind. I enjoyed writing about what concerned me at the moment. Another thing that I enjoyed was the Personal Response Paragraphs about the readings we had due each week. This process of PRP's allowed the readers to look back onto what they read and it was really beneficial. There really werent any assignments I found useless... I guess that is a good thing.

In ENC 1102, I enjoyed the articles that were assigned each week the most. Every week a different article or two or three were assigned to read and it gave me a variety of subjects to learn from. I also enjoyed the internet sharing (posts) we did where we gave our opinions on matters the Professor posted up for us.
The essays assigned to us were specific but they gave us room to write pretty much about anything. I really enjoyed in reading the book, "Absolut: A biography of a bottle" and writing a essay about it. Down below I have posted a few posters Absolut used to advertise and one of the top competitors in today's market.
The most important lesson learned was to pick up a book every once in a while and definitely use them for research papers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment